Friday, March 16, 2012

Visual Explorer Exercise

COMMUNITY
When I think of community, I think of people coming together to do something. This picture, to me, is an example of community. It shows woman as part of a rowing team on their boat. I have never done this sport, but I understand that it is very challenging and everyone must work together in order to make it successful.

AUTHENTICITY
When looking for an image for authenticity, I looked for something unique and eventually came upon these zebras. To be authentic means to be real and genuine. One way that I looked at it was that their patterns cannot be duplicated exactly. Today, we see zebra print everywhere; on rugs, clothing, bags, and in other fashion. The print isn't authentic, the zebras are. Also, it has been said that no two zebras have the exact stripe pattern. Therefore, each zebra is unique and authentic to it's own pattern.

INNOVATIVE
The work innovative, to me, means something unique and creative. In class, we had a discussion about how an innovation means taking something that is already and improving upon it. This picture was a unique example of what innovative housing is. This is certainly a unique way of living. Whether building this house on this ledge was applied, or land was stripped away due to natural causes, the homeowners chose to live this way. It is an old house, but the concept is new and innovative to me.


STEWARDSHIP
The idea of stewardship is doing things for others who cannot do it for themselves. This picture shows a baby being fed by an adult. The baby cannot feed himself therefore an adult is showcasing great stewardship by feeding him.

No comments:

Post a Comment