Monday, November 9, 2009

Luminescence Progression

1) My original thoughts were to experiment with shadows, but as I started playing around with materials, I decided I liked the concept of glowing light. I used a pale pink sheer fabric wrapped around the light which casted a pretty pink glow and turned the fabric bright pinkish-red when the light was on. Now I just have to figure out how to incorporate other materials!


2) After experimenting with the fabric around the light bulb, i thought it might get too hot in the inside and impractical. I still needed a couple more materials so i started thinking about what i could use to protect the fabric from getting too hot. I went to Lowe's and found this clear, plastic pipe that was just the right size to fit my lightbulb. Conveniently, it will also provide structure and a "backbone" to keep it standing up, like intended.


No comments:

Post a Comment