Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Counterpoint: Perspective

For this counterpoint I chose the scale of space and word as my form. The space is the Trevi Fountain. When I thought about this beautiful fountain in Rome, the first word that popped into my head was magical. Tourists come to the fountain to throw coins in and wish on it. It his been said that depending on the amount of coins you throw, something different will happen. The fountain is also surrounded by stone statues, including Neptune, who is shown in my image. Because the fountain is such a fantasy-like experience, the statues seem to come to life. So for the people aspect, I imagined Neptune to be alive and he is throwing a penny into the fountain. The symbol is the penny. He is throwing just one in which means he will return to Rome one day. The aspect of nature is shown by the water that flows through it. Material is present in the stonework that makes up the fountain and statues.

No comments:

Post a Comment