Friday, October 23, 2009

Dialog





The assignment: Using 12 bamboo rods and 12 Bristol Board cards (4" x 6" and only one fold allowed), create two distinct spaces that relate to one another in a mutually supportive way. In seeking this dialog, explore dualities of solid and void, front and back, in and out, orthogonal and diagonal, etc. Let the construction vocabulary reinforce and articulate your ideas about form.

My initial idea was to explore the dialog between reality and appearance. I knew i wanted to create a long strand of the Bristol cards and make them into a figure 8 shape to give it the unity of being connected but still with 2 main parts.

FIRST IDEATION
This didn't work for me because I thought I made the folds too big. This created little "spaces" within the big space on the left of the structure. I thought it would help if I redid it and made the folds smaller. I also needed to change the base, this one was only temporary.




FINAL IDEATION



No comments:

Post a Comment