Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ballet Memories!







This is my second project for Environmental Design. Its a keepsake for my first itty bitty ballet shoes and my last! The assignment was to make a container for a special object using paper, fabric, and thread. This is what I came up with! Fortunately, we were assigned this project over labor day so i was able to spend some quality time with my sewing machine! The majority of it is made of fabric. I used a dark and thicker fabric on the outside to keep it more protected. On the inside, I used pretty, silk-like ivory fabric and sheer pink for the pockets. The paper aspect of it is my favorite - the rose petals. Not only does it make it more aesthetically pleasing, but it adds balance and movement to the inside (like a dancer has movement!).

No comments:

Post a Comment