Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cube Project.

The assignment was to construct a 4" cube with one open end, using white Bristol board, articulating the edges to aid assembly and design intent. Then we had to design an integral structure made from plastic drinking straws that positions the cube 4 inches above an 8" square base.


When it comes to design, I'm a minimalist, so creating something simple with clean lines was my goal. I got my inspiration from a door hinge. I thought the concept would really work out nicely with the straws and give an aesthetically pleasing look. I carried on this hinge effect onto the corners of the base to create unity. I also placed the cube on an angle opposite of the base to give it interest.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you need help with Photoshop to help darken your images. Ask Sean in the lab or ask me and I will show you how. You might want to include these in your portfolio someday. Don't forget to post your current process sketches or models. Seeing them will help us to grade your work.

    Kuniko

    ReplyDelete