Friday, April 30, 2010

Artist Loft Process

For this project, we got assigned a space within the Gatewood Studio Arts Building to design an artist loft using the structure of that space. The idea was to include a studio space, sleeping area, kitchen and bathroom for a visiting artist for a period of time. I was given the administrative office as my space to design.
These are drawings of the original space.



Original Floorplan

North Elevation

East Elevation

South Elevation

West Elevation

While researching inspiration, I found some images and designs that really motivated me and got me excited for this project.

I knew I wanted to incorporate sliding glass panels as a main part of my design. I have always thought of myself as a minimalist when it comes to design, so what is more minimalist than translucent glass panels being the key concept in a design?!

These are some of the original perspectives that I had drawn out during my process of designing the space.




Original model that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment